Saturday, March 31, 2007

Story of A Friendship lost in time........

Hold my hand and Lets step back in time,
To a place we left far behind,
A time where we were part of each others lives,
When there were no lies
And no awkwardness in our minds,

A time when we understood each others softest sighs,
As well as the thoughts hidden behind our all knowing smiles,
I bet these memories are etched somewhere too in your mind,
And you too must wonder where these moments got lost in time,
Did our friendship really die??

For a long time I thought I had moved on with my life,
And you weren’t really a part of these thoughts of mine,
Your Memories were something that I locked away deep inside,
And so Never really cared what happened with your life
I was Just pretty content achieving all my highs,

Maybe I just didn’t want to try,
Believing that the fault was never mine,
& that our friendship was best buried in the sands of time,
so I got on with this life, not having any reasons to cry
I built up my false pride,

All I had were reasons to smile,
And so many people I could call mine,
I couldn’t care less that you weren’t part of this life of mine
But I should’ve known that Karma would soon strike,
And Man did karma ever hit my life,

I lost a soul mate without a crime,
Almost lost this life of mine,
And for the first time,
In a really really long while
My eyes searched for you to stand by side,

Its then that I woke up to the reality called life,
& I wanted build back all the bridges I had burnt in time,
And not just with you but all the people I had left behind,
Because of certain wrong notions of mine,
Wish I could go back in time,

And change all my wrongs into a right,
Because now even though I am ready to try,
The level of awkwardness between us is just too high,
Some bridges aren’t supposed to be mend, no matter how hard you try,
I guess I just waited too long to say hi,

Now all I hope is when the time comes,
For me to wish this life,
Its final goodbye,
You remember me not for my crime,
But with a lovely smile……

No comments: